26 October 2019

Electra’s dictionary; word for vampire soul







a meaning of ‘Wavegirl’

Because I think in pictures and scenes, ‘Wavegirl’ contains an encyclopedia

much like characters in a story are dialogue drawn as symbolic props as voice to speak the secrets whispered from an internal dialogue never uttered aloud


I did ‘Wavegirl’ on four pieces of cheap oaktag that I taped together on the floor of the apartment we lived at by JFK airport. I could not afford good materials so the paint I used was also cheap acrylic but.... this painting got me through so much and it contains a piece of my soul.....



I did this painting during the time of what I just wrote about; the date is 2000.

My divorce papers are dated September 2001 as the proceedings took a long time

and from the window there I used to watch the airplanes ....

My mother died in 2002

This painting faced so much

it hung on the wall of where I slept on the floor

and was next to Marissa’s playpen in the living room and I would climb into her playpen with her and lay down inside and stare up at the painting when she napped with her head against me

but it is now actually stored back in Michigan by courtesy of Ken’s garage.... along with all of my art, including the one I did of the ‘Vampire Pirate’ in 1999; all from around this time.... my art is part of my vocabulary; my personal documentary of a dissection of a Celf

and so I fear it has not fared too well

If you look inside you see the goddess and so, gutted, yes, she holds the goddess within which I did not notice until I had completed the painting and hung it up. Like the horse reflection .... that painted itself for me.... often art for me is something much more than art, it has often sent me more than just its vision 

No comments: