16 April 2019

Jörn, the drowning sea & the loss of reason; A mermaid’s drowning voice



“Our conversation earlier has disturbed me greatly,” he tells me

My mind is blank and fights through the morass, I stare into the Hudson; it goes to several of many conversations but I still

....well I don’t know

Jörn stands there in front of me and I have to look way up at him

“You told me about your dream, min lilla duva....” he squints into my eyes from up there because the sun is in his eyes; the way the sun glitters into them has me caught in the memory of something else

That he has come here makes me rethink what I may have....

I cover my face

“What were you planning to do?” he pulls my shoulder to look at him; he is now knelt down next to me where we are now by the rock ....it is nearly submerged now slick with water like I am and so is he

“Look at me!” he shouts this

I don’t look

Instead I realize what dream he is referring to. The one about the angel of death that has kept me up every night since

It has been almost a week

“You have been avoiding me all week staying up here....you say you are disappointed in humanity?” only this he whispers

“How did you know I was here?” I whisper back at him

“You posted on IG....” then he says, still with the intimacy of a whisper,

“don’t disappoint me....”

but why do I almost hate him now.... for saying that and finding me

“Plus, you haven’t finished your story,” he says in a gentle chide

I remember he is a father. And I remember he has a daughter

.... it makes me angry

before I find a retort he throws me over his shoulder like a bag of swords

No comments: