23 June 2022

still, aspire

 

In my most quiet times of late when I seek that kind of place of peace to take me from physical pain, my ever faithful and constant companion, I imagine what would be my idyllic refuge

Fine tuned ….yes, solitude; my cave, and there I could preside and look out over this universe ….away

It would not be big, but perfect, just big enough for just myself, and at still peace, no conversation to intrude, no needs, no wants of anything 

it came to me as I walked how well I like the Earth, it is only its human inhabitants I would prefer avoid. I think this is why I hike, I look for paths little tread upon, I look for hiding places, I look to avoid all thoughts of needs and wants 

and yet, how could I blame every human for what the masses impressions have left upon me ….to those others, from this distance, I would leave some message of happy greeting

I think I may come to dream of quiet breaths and drifting off and away and reaching out my hand upon a lovely lake ….and letting go all ….no needs, no wants, no longing anymore and a quiet joy of knowing my peace did come hard won but here may I at last let myself know rest and say ‘this is fine’

No comments: