22 March 2020

the vampire as guide through hell; reflections in a scrying pool (refrain)




it was always during duress that he came to me in dreams

 
I would not remember right away upon waking, only feel such peace

it would come later to me in the day during a moment when my mind wandered



it happened last night to me this way

*****

I wake up and hear music ....it is the middle of the night and the strangeness of these days seems to melt night into day

and day into night

irrelevantly

as he plays I watch the ceiling, the strange shadows from the lights from downstairs which pulls me to reach for my sketch pad

I go out the bedroom door and sit by the gallery banister on the floor with my sketch book to sketch him as he plays

it is the part of his piece he calls ‘flygningen av duvan’

I watch, like from a balcony as he plays, shirtless, in dark blue flannels and watch mesmerized how the light bounces off the gold of his hair as he moves

I go to get my phone .... and turn on the video and record him

and watch like a voyeur as if in my own private concert hall with just him

No comments: