21 September 2020

Electra’s dictionary (a short); excerpt of a scene/Noir dream

 



I fall asleep after the phone call, too tired to stay awake to wait


and dream....of shadows 


I see and watch those shadows; the shadows on the wall


it seems .... I watch them; watch as they move across the wall with their own life.... it seems.... I watch the shadows 


and see him move as though he becomes his music..... with his hair wild, flung wildly about.... I watch.... watch him


how much I love to watch him, even in dream, and the way the music seems to become tactile and lucid; like something physical erupting 


the wildness in him—that wildness ....he keeps just below the surface and only sometimes he allows to be released


but the dreams mix and seem to be confused with what is real, like the stack of hides with the scent of him.... I feel the texture of his hair against my lips, the warmth of his arms; he fills me, pervading everything and all senses 


until I realize it is not a dream....


sometimes in sleep we join



No comments: