18 August 2019

Electra's dictionary; Noir, follow the codes (jmmuse)

“Mariamne” John William Waterhouse



the story hides the codes

……

“I need to go away,” I tell Jörn

I have begun to pack a few things. We are outside the apartment building. It is raining

“Where? What is going on?” he places his hand on my arm, “Why are you trembling?” he goes pale

“I’m in danger,” I tell him

“Who is it?”

“That’s all I can say....” I look away because I can’t bear his eyes today. To leave such eyes again ....and yet to stay would only result in something close to that parallel life’s end

“Where are you going?” he asks me

I look around with a sense of paranoia,
“I don’t know..... can you help me?” I suddenly ask and look up at him, “I need to get out of the city. Away from anywhere I can be found....”

He draws his brows and thinks. He takes a deep breath,
“I know a place way up north ....it’s by Quebec .... no one would find you there.... let me see what I can do— when do you need to leave?”

“Now!” but my voice breaks and have to remind myself to keep it together. I consciously force myself to breath slow then say, “as soon as possible.”

“Let me see what I can do.... come upstairs, I’ll make some calls.....”



No comments: