01 July 2022

 


Life is so strange/no drama please


since arriving as a former ex-pat  to my country of birth, my track record for living at any one address has averaged 2.3 years and a time in any part of the land mass 

the irony of this is the one only exception, which was Cedarhurst New York, known for the orthodox community 

my daughter was nine months old when we arrived and was five when I moved out. It was only several feet from the train tracks and about a mile from JFK. Between the half hourly invasion of train arrivals at the station, at 6AM and 6PM was the concord and then of course was the traffic of the regular overhead planes. 

The motion of such shook the walls and made dust of them on the hard wood floors

My husband was transferred from his job in Ann Arbor to work at the World Trade Center. During our years there my parents passed away six weeks apart, I was divorced and lost custody and felt the vibrations of the collapse of the Twin Towers just a half hour from our apartment building. Then it was quiet with no trains and no planes

My ex-husband had left the building. And during those years at that address were other things too. My ex-husband interviewed my second husband for a job, only weeks before I met him at my night warehouse manager job at Pearl Art Supplies where I trained him to count miniature architectural objects, like fake plastic trees until 3AM 

I didn’t know about his previous job interview. 

I still average 2.3

Life is so strange. Don’t you think? 


(….thoughts to be continued at my next work break)

No comments: